Our range of services include a variety of options including all of the critical aspects relating to billing support, training and implementation.
BH Redesign Assistance
- Guidance on application of all state mandated changes to your system and current work flow
- Testing of claims process through all Trading Partners and Clearing houses
- Assist with registration through the Medicaid process for Independently Licensed Providers including affiliating providers to your NPI’s
- Follow up and training of Billing Staff on all new processes related to the changes
- File Maintenance and Set up
- Front End Billing System Development
- Back End Billing System Development
- Establish Remittance Process
- Establishing Efficient Work Flow Across All Systems
- Successful testing with all Trading Partners
- Complete evaluation of your current billing workflow including staff, processes, and current reimbursement percentage
- Proposal for efficient billing process including training staff and use of proper efficiency tools
- Implementation oversight of all new process through entire life cycle of claim management
- Follow up to ensure proper submission and execution of new billing process is successful
BHBS can offer you EVERYTHING you need to be successful with the Ohio BH Redesign through the MCO Carve through 2020.
We ARE the experts!
If we don’t do it, we know and trust someone who does.
Is your BH Agency thinking about switching to an Electronic Health Record?
Questions to ask about your agency to decide if you need assistance:
- How is your revenue and receivables for January to June 2018 compared to the prior year?
- How impactful has the Managed Care carve in been for your agency?
- Do you have an effective way to efficiently address some of the payment challenges of the MCO carve in?
- Are you negatively impacted by the changes related to provider enrollment made effective July 1st, 2018?
Our team is trained to make your transition as smooth as possible.
Be Prepared to answer the following questions….
- Are you a dual provider (SUD 95 and MH 84)?
- Are you currently a Trading Partner with Medicaid?
- What is your payer breakdown? I.e. 75% Medicaid 25% Insurance
- What services do you provide? Do you know what rates those services bill for?
- If you provide AOD Residential Services, do you bill actual residential that is currently paid by your board or do you bill unbundled fee for service?
- Do you currently provide MH Residential?
- Do you utilize unlicensed providers, i.e. CT, CDCA’s, CMS and QMHS?
- If you bill Medicaid for BH, have you registered and affiliated any eligible providers?
- Do you have board funding that you utilize? If yes, which boards do you bill? What system do they utilize to process MACSIS files, i.e. GOSH, Macsis, etc.?
- Are you planning to go live with EPM and EHR concurrently?
- What provider licensures do you have for services?
- Do you currently bill Medicare and Insurance? If not, do you have any client population that has Medicare that you provide services to?
- If you bill Medicare and Insurance, what clearing house do you utilize?
- How familiar are you with the BH Redesign changes that are planned for go live July 1st?
- How many people are in your billing department and what is the responsibility breakdown? And what is an estimate of their current skill set? Include proficiency with Microsoft Office as well any current software packages and experience with the MITS portal and Trading Partner sites.
- What is your estimated annual revenue currently for BH services?
- What is your current reimbursement rate for services?
BHBS can help. Fill out the form below and we will get you the answers you need!
What Our Customer's Are Saying
Don’t just take it from us, let our customers do the talking!
The Counseling Center, INC.
“Teresa is the bomb…..drop the mic.”
“She has worked with our organization for over 5 years. She is a tireless worker with a tremendous attention to detail. Her knowledge of behavioral health billing has kept us ahead of the curve in managing our revenue cycle in a rapidly changing environment.”
Children’s Resource Center
We first worked with Teresa in 2013 when we were adopting our first electronic health record.
The transition was very successful with no disruption to our cash flow based largely on her ability to help us prepare. She is so knowledgeable about the inner workings of an electronic health record and stays very current on the ever changing state regulations.
I have observed Teresa at many state sponsored meetings and trainings, and she is a strong advocate for BH and AOD providers across Ohio.
EMS Healthcare Informatics
I have had the pleasure of working with Teresa Heim in different capacities and she has been a huge asset to our firm in all of them.
As a client of our software and services she has assisted us many times in refining our offerings and enhancing our software’s effectiveness in the field.
As an independent consultant, she has worked tirelessly to help our mutual clients understand their entire revenue cycle and improve their billing and cash flow and in the process, helps our clients better utilize our software.
And as a mutual stakeholder in the healthcare services world, Teresa has forged relationships in State and County departments and with other service providers to build a network of ideas and strategies that benefit everyone.
Teresa’s knowledge, skills, and determination will be a huge asset to anyone who engages her services.
The Recovery Council
I can’t thank you all enough for what you are doing. The staff at The Recovery Council work their tails off – from MIS and billing, to Admin and HR, to direct and residential service staff. We have many areas where we can get better but I have complete confidence in their passion and desire to help others find a new life. There are many things that keep me awake at night but you all are relieving the stress in a significant way. I’m so glad you are on our side. Thank you!